Immediate report after watching Haley Reinhart streaming special live on new service Hitkor:
Hopefully you guys got to see Haley Reinhart’s streaming show with Hitkor, a Gala to roll out the latest live music streaming service, IMO easily the best streaming of Haley performing live I have ever seen. Cry Me a River, Honey There’s The Door, STRANGE WORLD WITH AN ORCHESTRA!, My Baby Just Cares for Me (Haley’s description of Jeff is hilarious) and the coup de grace, a stunning performance of Blue Skies w/ incredible Ella vibes, Haley’s scatting was INSANE I hope she does more of these shows. It was really nice to see Haley performing in front of an orchestra with high quality production and sound. A bargain for $10 if you used the discount code to get $5 off.
Tony Succar and The Clayton-Hamilton Jazz Orchestra opened the stream for the night as the program listed some of features their service including spatial audio in between acts. Other upgrades the service provide includes a function where you can choose to view from which camera angle you want to watch the performance from. I didn’t buy the upgrade, but will update if someone who did tells me what that was like
The Only downside was there could’ve been more Haley, but the whole production was top notch, great camera angles, Haley sounded and Looked fantastic.
Hitkor tweeted that the show will be up to rewatch 24 hours after the live broadcast https://twitter.com/officialhitkor/status/1652543347003621376?s=20
There was an interview before the show began, a pretty great interview Haley was glowing. The host knew Haley from Season 10, Haley’s Season on American Idol, when he warmed up the audience before the telecast. There was a familiarity and Haley answered a variety of questions including about her influences, how she felt about her recent tour and the upcoming one.
- Haley discusses receiving her Double Platinum award for her “Can’t Help Falling in Love” cover.
- Discusses American Idol “Star Bootcamp”, know exactly who you are, what makes you ‘authentic’ as an artist.
- Haley gives her parents most credit for their encouragement, ‘street smarts’ and musicality.
- Haley’s vocal versatility challenging the industry by not sticking to one genre. “I Can’t Pick One. Hopes to do a full Jazz album soon.
- Early inspirations, “I listen to just about everything…Ella’s, Billie’s all the way to the Dusty Springfields, & Janis Joplins, jazz/rock and roll all the above, 60’s/70’s primarily is my favorite stuff”
- Discusses the tour, stamina and pacing, a favorite stop on the tour was in New Orleans at the House of Blues
- Favorite moment of Idol was singing with and interviewing Tony Bennett, thinking back on Idol.
- Favorite hometown places to perform include Park West and PS pub near where she used to grow up
- Advice to Young Haley: “Have no fear, don’t let doubt creep in as you get older”.
- Discusses Creep (See editorial about ‘the story of Creep’ below)..
- Discusses finding music & technology in the past (vinyl) and the future (Haley loves Shazam) and the reach of the internet to reach fans around the world.
- I’m Gonna Live Till I Die
- Strange World
- My Baby Just Cares For Me
- Cry Me a River
- Honey, There’s the Door
- Blue Skies
For PMJ Creep fans, Haley officially answers an often mischaracterized ‘fact’ about the recording of their iconic cover of “Creep”: PMj had just done five shows on the road across Europe and she was feeling a little tired But she felt it was that she wasn’t feeling 100% that gave her that extra tug of emotion she needed for the performance.
“It’s been five shows, I’m pretty tired, I don’t know about this one….when it comes to those kinds of performances, I always give it 100% but I think emotionally, I was in a different place and really challenging something because I didn’t feel quite 100%, as far as being tired. It’s always really unique because I get to take my own stab and do the vocal arrangement…we’d only done it a few times on the road before that video. Alot of it is very jazz, very impromptu”
I recall OG Haliens were eagerly tracking Haley’s progress at the time through Casey Abrams because Haley barely did much social media while on tour. Casey sent many snapchats about he and Haley w/ PMJ in Europe Including some from the day they recorded Creep
This is how it happened as I remembered it: Haley left the US on a red eye to Germany, went straight to the Lido in Berlin to join PMJ to sing Habits and a line from All About That Bass.
The following week leading to their day off to record “Creep” in Zurich, they were on the road performing across Europe. I remember it being 6 shows in 7 days, but in the Hitkor interview, Haley said 5 shows, while on the road. Haley was never ‘ill’ or ‘sick’ on the day they recorded “Creep”. She was tired from going non stop as soon as she set foot in Berlin, but she believes it was because she wasn’t fully rested it was what gave the performance that extra bit of emotion she pulled from in her performance of that now 116 million viewed masterpiece. -HaleysTusk
Creep #MythDebunked Screenshots #Kindred #Miguel